Thursday, August 11, 2011

37 weeks

I am officially 37 weeks along and feeling pretty good but I am ready for this little guy to come out. I really cant complain cause I have had a pretty easy pregnancy but I am ready to be back to normal (body, hormones, everything) and to have a baby to cuddle up to. I went to the doctor yesterday and he said that everything is looking great! His head has continued to drop lower and I have already started dialating (as of last week) so things are looking good. He predicts that I will either be having this baby early or on time so that was good news to hear. But with my luck, I am going to get my hopes up and then have him 5 days late so I am trying to keep an open mind (although that isn't working too well).  To be honest I am a little torn because as much as I am over being pregnant and want that little boy to hold, our house is still in the works so we haven't been able to move anything in yet..which is slightly depressing for me. I was hoping to get all settled before this baby comes but it is looking like we are going to be cutting it pretty close. I know things will work out but just not the way I imagined.

This last weekend I had my baby shower and can I just say that it was the most amazing thing ever! My best friends Whitney Torgerson and Ashley Sourpus put it on for me and it was probably the baby shower of the century :) The theme was Dr. Seuss and they did so many cute decorations and with the help of my mom, mother-in-law, and my sister-in-laws who all brought the food/drinks/treats it was honestly adorable. I wish I had pictures but I was too busy socializing and opening gifts that I forgot to take any so hopefully I will be able to put some up that friends and family took.  I was totally overwhelmed with how generous and thoughtful people are and I got some amazing gifts...from a video baby monitor to adorable outfits, to swings and bouncers and even a jogging strolller! I was so grateful to everyone who came. It honestly meant a lot to me and I feel so lucky to have such awesome friends and family!

2 comments:

  1. Kristi I am SO excited for you! Don't get your hopes up too much though, my dr. told me I would most likely go early and I ended up being induced! I hope for your sake though that this little baby comes on time! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IS HE HERE YET?? I'm excited to see pictures of both him and your cute shower. You got some great gifts!

    ReplyDelete