Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A New Test

Well apparently this kid has me all figured out and knew that I was testing him and instead of being obedient, he decided to give me a test....a test of patience. For the record, I am failing miserably. Baby: 1 Mom: 0 This little waiting game is driving me insane and I don't even know what to do with myself. I have basically given up hope that my body is capable of going in to labor on its own so now I will have to wait until tomorrow when I have my doctors appointment (that my doctor said I most likely wouldn't make it to) to see when I can get this little guy to come. People keep saying "it's your first one, you are going to be late...blah blah blah." I am 9 months pregnant and I want this kid out! It didn't help that my doctor was pretty confident that I was going to have this baby before my due date. I know he can't predict the future but this guy has delivered thousands of babies so I figured he knows what he is talking about and wouldn't give me false hope unless he was pretty confident.  I think it just makes it worse that I am bored to death all day just waiting around twiddling my thumbs hoping that every little movement will be a contraction and will start this whole labor ordeal. (sorry for the ranting/rambling. I am over being pregnant and want my baby to come hang out with me).

On a more positive note, we were finally able to get things moved into our house this weekend! Thanks to the help of my mom and dad, Keith and Brittany, and Bryan we were able to get everything loaded up, unpacked, somewhat organized, and they even fixed up the yard a little so it didn't look like a drug house. We honestly couldn't have done it without them and I am so grateful to have family close to help us out. For those of you who have been experiencing this August heat know that it has been terribly hot these past few days and my dad, Keith , and Blake were outside dripping sweat for hours pulling weeds, taking out plants, moving rocks, and spraying down the house.  What awesome men I have in my life!  While the boys worked outside, my mom, Brittany and I worked on unpacking boxes and getting things organized.  It is finally starting to feel more like a home and I can't wait till everything is done and we are officially moved in. Blake and I are so excited to start our little family! I guess all I can do for now is try to learn some patience and wait till our little guy is ready to make his grand debut.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry girl! My doctor kept telling me the same thing, that I wouldn't make it to the next appointment. Well I ended up being induced 5 days after my due date, but I will tell you it is SO worth the wait! Good luck girl! I can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete