Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Joys of Pregnancy

Along with the lack of appetite, the nauseousness, the headaches, the never ending stuffy nose, and all the other joys of pregnancy that I have experienced, I have found one that wins the prize for the most annoying (so far, granted I am only 14 weeks). It's the dang hormones! I have never been so emotional in my life and it is driving me (and I'm sure Blake) crazy! It is so bad that it has produced one of my top 5 most embarrassing moments. I am just grateful that no one besides my unknowing husband was around to witness this horrific event. Let me explain.

One night, Blake and I were in bed watching Jersey Shore (our guilty pleasure) on the laptop. We have missed most of the new season and just decided to try to watch an episode that Blake heard was "unreal". Let me just start by saying that I am not a cryer. I don't cry when I am upset, frustrated, hurt, mad, or even slightly sad. In the two and a half years that we have been married, Blake has probably only seen me cry 2-3 times. Well apparently I was really sad because once Sammie announced that she was leaving because she couldn't be in the same house as Ronnie I noticed tears starting to stream down my face. And not just one or two but a flash flood! Yes, you heard me correctly. One of the rare occasions that I cried was when Ronnie and Sammie, people I don't even know and could care less about, broke up for the 100th time. Humitiated, I tried to discreetly wipe the tears from my face without Blake seeing me because I knew that if he did I would never hear the end of it. Luckily, I was able to get away without Blake seeing any signs of tears on my face and I knew that I had dodged a bullet but still, I am probably the only person that has ever cried while watching Jersey Shore which is not something that I am very proud of.

This is not the last of it I am sure. I have had countless other times where I have let things bother me that normally I would just brush off but these dang hormones are out of control! Blake probably thinks that I am going crazy but I swear this is normal, right? Please tell me this is normal and that I am not the only one with emotional issues. It will make me feel a whole lot better.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the pregnancy by the way. Unfortunately that is one of the joys of pregnancy to be emotional. I was exactly the same way, but it gets better once your little one arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha! seriously that is hilarious! dont worry it is totally normal.......i think I cry all the time when I am pregnant........but then again I cry all the time anyways!!! I am so excited for you guys! you will be a great mom! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. Brad thought I had gone permanently off the deep end when I was pregnant with Lia and he was hugely relieved that I "went back to normal" and "was no longer crazy" once she was born. Even commercials made me cry. You are totally normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This totally made me laugh! At least you have pregnancy as a legitimate excuse, lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am seriously laughing out loud reading this. I know how you're not a crier at all, so that is so wild that Jersey Shore made you cry. haha. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha! oh my gosh kristi! congrats! when are you due? i think im about a week ahead of you... :) but i can totally relate! i cried watching the biggest loser on tuesday! haha!

    ReplyDelete