Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Last Few Weeks

We have been pretty busy these last few weeks so I have been a little behind in my blog posts. Not to mention I keep putting it off because I STILL can't find our cord to hook up our camera to the computer so I haven't been able to post any of the new pictures that I have taken. I have decided that I must carry on and not worry about pictures for the moment (although I will find a way to put some on here soon).

A few weekends ago, Blake and all the Jackson boys took a boys trip (they seem to love not inviting the girls ha) and went to Glamis to ride dirt bikes. I have to be honest... I am not the biggest fan of Blake's dirt bike hobby because every time he goes, I am worried he is going to get himself either hurt or killed but he loves it so I let him go and have his fun. He is the type of guy that people love to dare him to do stuff and he will do it just to get a laugh (and he loves to be the center of attention).  So instead of telling me all the crazy things he does, he just says "we had a lot of fun" and I guess it is up to my imagination to think of how he got all his bruises and scrapes that cover his body when he gets home. So since I don't know much about the trip besides "they had a lot of fun" I guess that is all I can tell you about it.

While the boys were gone, us girls (Lisa, Andrea, Whitney, and I) got together on Friday night and went to dinner and a movie. We went to The Corner Bakery and had fun just talking (mostly about babies and kids..does that surprise you) and then we went to the movies and saw "The Adjustment Bureau". It was basically your typical Matt Damon movie and for the most part I liked it. It was just fun to hang out with the girls since we rarely get to do that. We are hoping to be able to do it more often but when you throw kids in the mix it can get a little bit more tricky.

The following weekend we had Keith's 30th Birthday Party. Since it was a surprise party we had a lot of sneaking around to do and I'm sure Keith was getting a little bit frustrated when we started planning out his schedule for him. Nevertheless, it was a huge success and we all had a lot of fun partying 80"s style. There was a DJ and Blake was in his element dancing to the 80's music. Everyone at the party loved Blake and he was the star of the show busting out all his moves. It was pretty funny. One of the highlights had to be the YMCA where my mom made Blake wear a construction hat, Keith put on his police shirt, Kurt wore a fireman hat, and Brett wore a cowboy hat. It was pretty entertaining with all those boys dancing for us. It was so fun to see family and friends that we don't get to see all the time. We had a blast!

We also got to see our good friends Jimmy and Kira and baby Jordan who came down from Utah for their spring break. It has only been a few months since we saw them but it seemed like forever! We had so much fun catching up with them! The boys watched the NCAA tournament while the girls talked baby talk and played with Jordan. She is an adorable baby and Kira even had her cute little toes painted! I loved it! They got baby Jackson a cute little onesie and some burp clothes that Kira made! *I will take a picture to show* It was so good to see them and we can't wait until July when they come down again!

Anyways...I will give you an update about Baby Jackson. By the way, I don't have any other name to call him by since we haven't picked out a name yet so Baby Jackson will have to do. haha I am definitely getting a baby bump and I feel like it is growing everyday! I am pretty sure that in a couple of weeks it will be a full on bump if it keeps growing at this rate. I am 17 1/2 weeks along and I am still feeling pretty good so I have no complaints. I have had to put a hold on buying anymore clothes for this kid because I went a little crazy when I first found out and I decided that I need to hold off or else we are going to be broke if I keep this up. For some reason shopping for a baby is so much more enjoyable than shopping for myself.

1 comment:

  1. haha i've already bought baby clothes. and i have fabric for a baby quilt. nope, not pregnant. i just can't resist.

    ReplyDelete