Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mother's Instinct

Yesterday we were hanging out at the Jackson's with Ryan, Whitney, & baby Liddy (who is adorable by the way) and they were wondering when we were going to find out what we were having.  I had figured we were just going to wait until I had my doctor's appointment to find out because Blake is so busy with work and we wouldn't really have any other free weekend for a while (plus I am cheap and didn't know if I really wanted to spend $50 to find out the gender). Blake really wanted to be there when we found out and the only way that could happen was if we went to an ultra sound center. Ryan had talked it up and Blake had his heart set on going so I figured I could splurge just this once.

       
          Baby Liddy

We learned many things during this 20 minute session. The first thing we discovered was that we have a conservative baby. The legs were crossed for most of the time and kept hiding its "secret" as the technician called it. Hopefully that will carry over once it leaves the womb. That will take away a lot of worries :)The second thing we learned is that the mother is always right. I am glad that Blake is learning this early on so he won't question me anymore. My motherly instincts were correct and we are having a BOY! I can't tell you how excited we both are. Blake was doing fist pumps in the office he was so excited. He is one proud Daddy. I am also glad that I get to keep that cute outfit that I bought a couple weeks ago. The Dow side of the family is well-known for boys being dominate so it was only necessary that we carry on the tradition of having the first born be a boy. It is so nice knowing what I am having so now we can really start planning things.I feel like there is so much to do now before things start getting busier and there are so many cute crafts that I am dying to make.  Here are some examples:


This cute baby wipe case. It looks so easy to make and looks adorable.


I love these baby Binky clips. They are a cute accessory but aren't too girly.

There are a couple of other things I would like to make but I would have to learn how to sew first and that most likely won't happen soon so these might have to do. If you have any other ideas PLEASE SHARE! I am always open for new ideas. I can use all the help I can get.

Oh and sorry for being lame with no new pictures. The cord that connects our camera to the computer is somewhere in storage so I can't put up the new pictures. One of these days I will go hunt it down but for now just be patient with me.

5 comments:

  1. Kristi I am SO excited for you! You will love having a boy, I know I am bias but I think they are the best! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi Dow is going to be a proud mother of a baby boy. I'm so happy for you both. And Natalie is right, Boys are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO exciting! As you know we love boys around here. I make those wipe cases and they really are super easy to make. I just learned online. SO fun! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for your baby BOY!!!! He is going to be one stud! And I love that you were right and Blake was wrong! You're going to be such a fantastic mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tami Garver....Best cousin EVER!!!!March 11, 2011 at 5:59 PM

    YOu'll get your girl guys. Just be glad you had the boy first. (Atom is proof that, that works well) Your girl will more likely be more feminine if she has a big brother to look out for her instead of her looking out for him. YOU KNOW I speak from experience! Love you guys and I'm so excited for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete