Friday, July 8, 2011

4th of July Festivities

I don't know why but for some reason I just love the 4th of July. I love the fireworks and the BBQ's and swimming and just the whole atmosphere I guess. Not to mention it is another day that Blake gets off work! whoo hoo! Anyways, this year started out pretty good. We went to breakfast at Tastee's with our friends Whitney & Blake before we headed over to the La Verne parade or as our husbands' call it the high school reunion. Whitney and I both felt bad for our husbands cause it is quite obvious that they don't love the parade as much as we do but they were good sports and I least they had eachother to hang out with. Whitney and I both just love the parade and it has been a tradition ever since I can remember. It used to be more about the actual parade but now I love going and watching my nieces and nephews get excited to get the candy and to catch up and see people that I don't always get to see as well as cousins and other friends. I just love it and really do look forward to it every year. This year however, I was not feeling too hot but I couldn't stand the thought of missing the parade so I ventured out into the 100 degree weather and tried to stick it out.




Keith & Dylan watching the parade
 


Nancy, Me, & Heather. LOVE my cousins!


Obviously I wasn't feeling too hott in this picture. I think I wanted to pass out.


The kids waiting for candy.


Kira with a sucker in each hand haha. This girl has got a sweet tooth.


Love this little girl.


Mom & Brielle.


The Blakes hanging out together.


Swimming at my parents house.

After the parade, Whitney & Blake, Keith & Brittany, and Kurt & Natalee came over to go swimming. It was so hot that I am sure it felt really nice to go for a little swim. After swimming, or rather watching everyone swim, I had no more energy left and could no longer put on the happy face. I was feeling pretty miserable. We were going to go over to Keith & Brittany's for a BBQ and watch the fireworks but I felt like death so reluctantly I decided to stay home. I was actually really bummed that I didn't get to see any fireworks this year cause I honestly LOVE to just sit on a blanket under the stars and watch the fireworks. Instead, I sat on the couch feeling like death all night. It turns out I had a fever and I think the heat got the best of me that day. Oh well. Hopefully next year will make up for it.

On a postive note...I am 32 weeks! It is crazy how fast time is flying by and soon enough our little guy will be here! We also found out that Whitney and Blake are having a little boy and I am so excited that our kids will be the same age and hopefully they like eachother as much as we do. We are hoping that their kid will be really tall so that he can protect our little guy from bullies :)  All I can say is hopefully they get along cause they are going to be seeing a lot of eachother. It has been so much fun to have my best friend be pregnant the same time as me so we can share stories, ask questions, and complain about all our aches and pains together.  For me, the only part of pregnancy that has really gotten me (besides my aching ribs) has been not being able to sleep. It is a given that I will be up every night from 2-5 so if any of you are suffering from insomnia and happen to be awake during that time then feel free to give me a call.

32 weeks..and growing everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment